As an online retailer, you usually need a shopping cart or hosted payment form to accept credit cards. If you’re a brick-and-mortar retailer, you can use physical POS terminals to securely process payments.
However, what if you don’t fit either of these categories?
You might be a:
- Home-based freelancer
- Mail-order retailer
- Field service provider
How do you securely accept payments then?
If neither POS readers nor check out pages meet your business needs, you might be a great candidate for a virtual terminal.
What is a virtual terminal, though — and how does it work?
Virtual Terminal Credit Card Processing Defined
With a virtual terminal, you log in to a secure online payment gateway that looks and feels like a standard e-commerce checkout cart. Nonetheless, this virtual terminal is only accessible by you — the business owner.
Once logged in, you key in your customers’ payment data, including their:
- Credit card numbers
- Billing addresses
- CVV codes
After you click “process,” the transaction is finalized. Both you and your customers receive instant notifications via email.
What are the Benefits of an Online Virtual Terminal?
There are many advantages of virtual terminal payments, including:
- Fast and easy setup. That’s because there are no hardware costs involved. You don’t even need a dedicated phone line to get started.
- You can accept payments anytime, anywhere. All that’s required is an Internet connection
- Virtual terminals can accept a wide range of payment options. Most businesses use them for credit cards, but you can also accept ACH/eCheck payments.
The Benefits of Using BluePay’s Virtual Terminal
A virtual terminal represents an easy and convenient way for smaller businesses to accept payments. Yet, because you’re still handling sensitive credit card information, it’s important to utilize your virtual terminal the right way.
That’s where we can help.
At BluePay, our virtual terminal solutions adhere to the latest PCI-compliant data security standards. However, we take payment security even further by offering the following tools:
- Tokenization to help safeguard customers’ payment information.
- Level 2 and Level 3 credit card processing if any of your clients require enhanced security protection for big-ticket items or government-related purchases.
The benefits don’t stop there.
Our virtual terminal solutions come with additional features to help you quickly grow your business, including:
- Recurring billing. You no longer have to key in your customers’ credit card information every month. All future payments happen automatically on a predefined schedule.
- Payment integration. As new transactions come into your business, those sales are instantly reflected in whatever accounting and CRM software you’re already using.
Is a Virtual Terminal Right for You?
Depending on your own business, you may be better off using a physical terminal or hosted payment form.
But if you’re looking for a secure, easy and affordable way to begin processing credit card payments right away, a virtual terminal may be the perfect solution for you.