Payment integration is when your business automatically captures all transactions within your accounting, customer relationship management (CRM), or enterprise resource planning (ERP) platform — without having to manually enter these details multiple times.
If you decide to integrate payments into your business management software, you can expect:
- Greater convenience — this is the primary reason why companies use integrated payments. Every minute spent managing activities like bookkeeping or CRM is a minute taken from value-added activities like developing new products, improving existing services, or acquiring additional customers.
- Increased simplicity — similar to the above point, integrated payments make things like financial forecasting and recordkeeping much easier. The data you require is automatically captured, and the reports you need can be generated with a click of the button.
- Improved accuracy — manual bookkeeping isn't simply tedious, it's also prone to error. Even the most meticulous accountants sometimes make calculation mistakes. However, with integrated payments, you remove human error from the equation, thus, benefiting from much greater accuracy.
Taken together, these improvements can help make your business far more profitable and productive.
How to Integrate Payments into Your Business Management Software
The hardest part about integrated payments is the setup (i.e. getting started). At BluePay, however, we make this process incredibly easy.
If you already have a favorite accounting, CRM, or ERP platform, our developers can help you integrate our payment gateway so you can begin processing transactions directly within your preferred software. In fact, we've already developed rigorously tested code that syncs seamlessly with many of the most popular platforms on the market.
In developing these APIs and scripts, we follow all of the latest best practices and PCI-compliant security standards — so compatibility is rarely an issue. If you need more advanced customization, our programmers are here to help.
However, we’ve further simplified the integration process by developing a broad range of payment modules that work out of the box. These free plug-ins automatically integrate with:
- CRM platforms like SalesForce
- Content management systems like WordPress
- Accounting software packages like QuickBooks
- E-commerce shopping carts like Zen Cart
Before trying to build integration from the ground up, check out our payment module page. You’ll likely discover some out-of-the-box solutions that you can begin using today.
Is Payment Integration Secure?
Yes — but not always. Anytime you have two platforms sharing information, there is always a chance that some financial data could leak. Therefore, you should never rush into payment integration without understanding the risks and benefits.
At BluePay, however, we’ve spent years developing and testing all of the integration solutions in our network. You always benefit from the latest PCI-compliant security standards. Plus, depending on the module you choose, you might also receive additional protection in the form of tokenization or point-2-point encryption (P2PE).
All your data remain accessible directly through your highly secure BluePay gateway.
To learn more about our payment integration solutions contact our payment integration team.